Thursday, December 9, 2010

12/9 - Saying hello!

Thought I would say hello to everyone.  I know there are many who come here frequently checking for any updates.  As you know, we've been home for 3+ weeks now.  This is my 2nd full week of getting back to work and it's going good.  I am able to get help from 2 ladies in my office and what a big relief this has been for me.  I appreciate them so so much.  Don is doing good.  He continues to improve each day - but like I have said many times before - he has a long way to go.  He still tires and has pain in his legs - calves and quadriceps.  Not sure why still but that is one of the questions we have for Dr. Borrello next week.  This past week we made a trip to Johns Hopkins.  Don had to have blood work done and a bone marrow test.  The latter is always painful but he takes it all in stride.  He knows he has to do it so no complaints from him, ever.  We do go back next Wednesday and we will meet with Dr. Borrello and Don will have another phase of the vaccine shots that is part of the trial he is doing with Dr. Borrello.  Don is supposed to go back to work in 2 weeks.  Not sure right now if that will happen.  From all that we've read it really could be too soon - we just have to wait and see what Dr. Borrello says. 

I'll come back soon to let you all know how our appointment went.  I'm sure everyone is preparing for the Christmas holiday - a busy busy time for everyone!!

Keep the prayers coming - we need and appreciate them all!

Until next time.......

Love you all!

Don & Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment