Monday, March 7, 2011

3/6/11 - Catching Up

Didn't realize how long it had been when I went to the blog site. I know there are some that have been checking for updates so thought I would catch up.

On 12/15 we had posted that Don's bone marrow test showed at that time 0% plasma cells in his bone marrow. We go on 4/13 for Don to have another bone marrow test so we are so hopeful the results are the same. On this same date he will have blood work, bone marrow and vaccine. Our return trip is 4/20 and we will find out the results of all these tests. I will get back here to let everyone know.

Don is doing good. In my mind he is doing great. He would, however, disagree with that terminology. When I think great - I remember our stay up in Baltimore - his time when he was in the hospital feeling so bad with fevers and diarrhea - that was a very bad time for him. So to me to compare how he is to back then - yes I think he's doing great. He still is tired alot of the time - but he works a full day - which also involves alot of time on the road. That to me in itself makes for being tired. He hasn't gotten back to a full routine of exercising or running - but he is trying. I think because he is so tired this is preventing him from getting back to this the way he wants. But I have faith he will. I keep reminding him it hasn't been 6 months yet since his stem cell transplant - he just has to be patient - it will come.

The family is doing wonderfully. Wedding plans are in full force for Kristi and Charlie and we are looking so forward to this wonderful day. We also will have a new baby Hood in October of this year (Mark & Sabrina) and of course we all couldn't be happier with this news :):). Raelynn & Kendall are getting so big and continue to bless our lives everyday!

Okay everyone, I will be back after the bone marrow test to let you know the results.

Until next time.......

Keep the prayers coming - we need and appreciate them all

Love you all!!

Don & Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment