Thursday, September 30, 2010

9/30 - Packing started for trip to JH

Rough morning for both of us – meaning we were both tired when we opened our eyes as neither of us slept very well last night L.   I even took something last night to help me – what the heck??  Don did send email to Dr. Borrello yesterday to see if he could possibly take a sleep aid – haven’t as yet heard from him.  I honestly don’t think he will let him take anything. 
Our morning activity of flushing, change dressing, temp check and Don taking CIPRO – done.
Don has been busy going through the house and throwing things away – eegads!!!!  He gets in these moods now and again.  NOTHING IS SAFE believe me!!  He just commented “I’m sure I will look for something down the road and wonder where it is”.  YA THINK??? I told him before he threw anything away think carefully about it – might be something we could have passed on to the kids (probably not but maybe)!!!  Did a bit of cleaning out myself – Don was happy about that!!
Heard from housing around 2:00 pm – we can go up on Saturday but an apartment won’t be available right away L.  Hopefully it won’t be long before we can make that transition.  Already I’m thinking of how to transport food items to kitchen, prepare and get back to Don if he doesn’t feel like coming down to eat. 
Panic is settling in for me – just so many things to think about – what to take, what not to take, what food and other things to buy at the store prior to leaving and lots of other things.  Overwhelming emotions this morning sitting on the deck – tears started.  Not the first time but I seem to shake it off rather quickly because I know I have to be strong.  No time for tears – time to think positive and get it done!!!
Phyllis came by and we had a nice visit.  Mark came, as well, to bring Don the new sump pump – one thing he is worried about while gone but the new one will help ease his mind.
Going to get this posted – we will be packing more later – my to take list is growwwwing!!
Till tomorrow……….
Don & Muffin

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about missing anything mom. We'll be up there all the time and can bring anything you might forget. We'll all come up with solutions to any problems you might encounter, you're definitely not in this alone and we'll be there any time you need us. Love You Guys.

    ReplyDelete