Friday, November 12, 2010

11/12 - HOME SWEET HOME

Our first full day at home since we left almost 6 weeks ago - was a quiet day - one that we enjoyed tremendously.  We didn't have to get up early early and walk or ride over to the hospital. Don still had to take medications - but this will continue for 6 months or longer - he ate really good and of course I was after him all day to drink drink drink - he kinda groans when I say "what do you want to drink" - but that's cause he's kinda getting tired of everything - but doesn't stop me haha.  If he doesn't answer right away I just go grab something - he knows he has no say in the matter I guess *L*. He did great with everything - walked up the steps from the basement a few times as well as walked around the house.  It was early afternoon and he said "do you want to take a walk?".  Can't believe he beat me to it!!

We had a nice visit from our nephew David - was great to see him - what a wonderful young man he is :).

Don's sister Ellen came after work and fixed us a wonderful dinner - well she did the chicken and Gram did the veggies - it was soooo good. 

We are looking so forward to Sunday for the MMRF race/walk.  Don and I will be spectators but we have so many family members and friends participating - Don is just so so happy that he can be there for this wonderful occasion.  He kept saying in Baltimore how much he hoped and prayed he would be able to go.  We had our doubts at times but are just so thankful we are HOME and we are able to go.

Okay getting this posted.  Not sure how much longer I'll be blogging but I sure have enjoyed it - and I know there are so many people who want to know how Don is doing and this is a wonderful forum to do that - so we'll see.

Keep the prayers coming - we need and appreciate them all!

Until tomorrow.......

Love you all!

Don & Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment