Saturday, November 6, 2010

11/6 - 9:00 a.m. Short IHOP visit

11/6 – 9:00 a.m. Short IHOP visit
Had Nurse Theresa again – same as yesterday.  Always nice to have the same – seems every day you get someone new – although depending on how many visits you get to go through the rotation of the ones you’ve had before.  I know I’m rambling here. 
His vitals were taken – temp, weight, blood pressure – yep you guessed it.  Blood pressure was low and he was hooked up for hydration.  Don was upset about this because he just doesn’t understand it – he drinks but I guess in order to keep from having the low blood pressure he has to drink gallons and gallons.  Theresa asked the normal questions – how he was feeling?  Drinking? Eating? Sleeping?  He had a rough night of sleeping so our day was off to a bad start.
Blood pressure was taken again around 11:04 a.m. and it was back up.  His potassium and calcium levels were fine and red blood count so no transfusions there – he was happy about that.
Dr. Kassemon did talk with Don.  She could tell he was clearly stressed today.  He’s just totally lost as to why he is feeling so poorly.  His energy level is still down – I thought it was picking up a bit yesterday but today he seems really down again.  She told him it is normal after a transplant for him to be having all of these symptoms.  He asked about his constant stomach queasiness – she again said it is perfectly normal after transplant.  She told him to STAY POSITIVE – he WILL get better.  Prior to her coming to talk with him I had given him my own pep talk – he said he prays and prays for God to help him feel better but he wasn’t listening to him.  I know I’ve struggled with that thought myself but I truly believe in my heart he listens to all of our prayers.  Don could be a lot worse than he is and this is just a temporary setback.  I believe that in my heart.  I told him this and I think it helped – I sure hope so.  I said please don’t stop praying – God listens to everyone!!
Don has eaten fairly well today – for dinner he had banana and peanut butter sandwich and some chips – I know I know – doesn’t sound like dinner food but hey whatever he wants is fine with me.   He said he would have some choc junior cupcake later and maybe some ice cream.  Hmm not sure – this might be a bit much haha but we’ll see.  He did walk over at IHOP and before eating he walked out in the hall.  Not sure if he’ll do anymore but I will definitely try!
I hope he sleeps better tonight – I know when he does he seems to start off in a more positive frame of mind.
Keep the prayers coming – we need and appreciate them all.
Until tomorrow……..
Love you all!
Don & Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment