Saturday, November 13, 2010

11/13 - Good day!

Had a good day with Don.  Didn’t do too much – but for now that’s the way it needs to be.  He is slowly getting his strength back.  It’s going to take awhile - which I think he’s starting to get a little impatient knowing that.  But right now his body is telling him he has to take it easy – it WILL be different in months to come.  It won’t be long before he’s able to gradually do some of the things he used to do.  I know he misses running so much and exercising.  He tires so easily now even just walking around but, again, that soon will change.  We did get to the grocery store, CVS and Staples. 

I might start blogging every other day – still haven’t made up my mind yet.  Like I said yesterday I know there are many friends and family that have followed this blog faithfully to see how Don is progressing.  The blog sure is different now in that it’s not filled with our daily activities over at John’s Hopkins.  Believe me I’m NOT complaining about that.  We’ll see how it goes – but just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I might do that – so if you don’t see one every day, don’t worry – I will be back!

One thing I did want to say – information was sent to a lot of folks about the MMRF race/walk to be held on Sunday, November 14.  WE will be there.  Don, of course, isn’t walking or running – but believe me – IF he could no one could stop him.  Right now we have 49 people signed up for HOOD STRONG (which is the name of our team).  I know there are some that will register when we get there in the morning.  But this will mean over 50 people will be part of our team and Don and I couldn’t be more proud and happy for this turnout.  Also – a goal of $2,500.00 was set to raise money for MMRF.  As of tonight the total amount raised so far is $4,055.00.  Now tell me that isn’t AWESOME??? JJJJ.  We had a fundraiser that involves the MD Lottery – every night in November there is a pick 3 # drawn.  Whoever has that # is the winner for that night.  There are several people so far that have donated their winnings to MMRF so I’m sure the total will go UP!!!  I am just so happy that Don and I are able to go to the event – a few weeks ago we had our doubts and Don was clearly upset with knowing it was a possibility we wouldn’t make it.  I know with our prayers and yours GOD listened and through him all things are possible!! JJJ

Keep the prayers coming – we need and appreciate them all!

Until tomorrow…..or next day……..

Love you all!

Don & Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment