Wednesday, November 3, 2010

11/3 - HIPOP visit 9:30 a.m.

Temp and blood work taken – blood pressure as well.  While sitting BP was okay but as soon as he stood up it went down again L - so as soon as we got him in the bed they hooked Don up for hydration.  Nurse Practitioner Kelly was there early today – asked her normal question, checked his breathing.  She asked about his eating and drinking.  He’s been eating and drinking but she feels if he could increase the intake of both it might really help getting his energy back which is still very  very low.  Another Nurse Practitioner came named Mindy – she agreed with Kelly and also encouraged Don to do more walking.  They both know how difficult all of these are for him right now but sincerely feel if he tries it might help get his recovery back on track. 
After blood work came back he was given Potassium – low again.  While there he did eat rice krispies, some pop tart and some graham crackers.
We had Nurse Chris again – very nice young man.  He changed Don’s dressing on his catheter so I didn’t have to do it – which I always like – not that I mind it – well okay, so I do, sorta kinda – it’s just nice that they do it for me.  He also flushed the lines so I didn’t have to do that either.
We got back around 1:45 p.m. – not a terribly long visit but long enough.  I went to 7-11 and Don rested. 
Gram, Kristi and Glenn came to visit – they had planned on coming Monday but Don just wasn’t up to it.  Gram had brought Don chicken soup that Karen had made – he did eat some and almost finished what I had given him which made me happy!!  We all walked a bit and went downstairs to show Glenn around. Glenn saw some stairs while downstairs so he said to Don – let’s take a walk up the stairs.  I thought Glenn was crazy haha – no not really – but I did think Don would say I’ll pass but he went up them .  We all wanted him to do it again but the fact he did it the first time made us all happy campers!!!
I think it’s time to get in my b!tch mode folks (who moi??)  – or guess I should say “nag” mode.  He needs to eat more, walk more and drink more – I, along with everyone else, feel this is what needs to be done in order to get him to a place with more energy which will lead to US going home.  Believe me he knows this – and he wants this – it’s just so so hard for him right now because of the set back of being in the hospital for 8 days and being totally drained of all of his energy.  But believe me I will do what I can to get him going – not that I haven’t tried – but tomorrow is a brand new day and I will constantly remind him of what he needs to be doing to make all of this happen.  WE are so ready to go HOME!!
Keep the prayers coming  - we need and appreciate them all.
Until tomorrow…….
Love you all!
Don & Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment