Monday, November 22, 2010

11/22 - Catching up


Thought I would say hello and to let you all know about the past few days – I think I left here on the 18th.  We are enjoying being home so much.  Don is getting a little better day by day.  He’s been doing some light painting on trim for our new deck door that Don’s brother and friend put in while we were gone.  We love it!!  Today we cut the grass – Don would do a couple of strips and then I would – we kept doing that and it got done and it didn’t wear him out – me, well that’s another story haha!!  I got to drive our small rider lawn mower that Mark our son had gotten Don a couple of years ago.  Oh we pushed the front and part of the back but did use the rider to bag some leaves and then to mulch part of the yard.  There were leaves everywhere!!!  I was on the rider and the clothes line poll jumped right in front of me *LOL*.  Yeah okay I kinda hit it – not hard but enough that I got stuck.  Wouldn’t ya know it – Don wasn’t outside so I just sat there cause I couldn’t get it in reverse.  It actually was kinda fun riding it – better than pushing the whole yard, for sure!!  I’m actually looking a little forward to hopping on the rider again and see if I can get some wheelies going – hahaha!!!!
We found out Don can start exercising again – he will take it slow and easy but it was great hearing he can start again.  Of course the doctor stressed to take it easy – no worries about that.
We are going over to our daughter Kristi and future son-in-law Charlie’s house for Thanksgiving – we can’t wait for that!!  Hope there are lots of leftovers!!!
I go back to work on Monday, the 29th.  I wish I could say I am looking forward to that.  I mean, I do miss my friends at work and it will be great to see them all.  It will just be so hard leaving Don L.  One positive thing is Gram will be here with him so I know she will take good care of him.  It will just be hard – but he knows I’m just a phone call away and if he needs me I will be home before he knows it.
Okay everyone – Don and I would like to wish you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I’ll be back to let you know how Don is doing.  You all can write me anytime and I mean that sincerely – or call us!!!
Keep the prayers coming – we still need and appreciate them all!  Another prayer request please - our granddaughter Raelynn is having her tonsils out on Tuesday - tomorrow actually - please pray all goes well and she gets all better soon!!
Until next time…..
Love you all!
Don & Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment