Sunday, October 17, 2010

10/17 - 2:00 p.m. appointment in HIPOP


Don got up around 8ish – I was a bit later.  He was able to get cereal down – every day I give him a bit more hoping he doesn’t notice – but yeah he notices – but he is able to eat what I give him so that makes me happy.  We headed for Safeway around 11:00 a.m.  *deep sighs* - going to the grocery store has never been a favorite thing of mine – and after going in and seeing 50 million people (okay okay I know that is a bit exaggerated) – but it sure seemed like it.  The hardest part is going into a store that you are just not familiar with so that means going down each and every isle to make sure you get what is on your list.  EVEN with a list I forgot something *grrrrrrrrrr* - but it’s something I can find at 7-11 so that shouldn’t be a problem.  Checkout was fun – every line other than 15 or less was filled baskets so I knew I would be in line for awhile – Don said total time was about 45 minutes – to me it felt like 45 hours haha!!  He stayed in the car and waited for me – just way too many people for him to be around.  Okay so that is my whining for the day.
Don feels quite tired today – his counts are definitely going down and he feels it.  We won’t be surprised if he needs red blood cells today – just have to wait and see when we go over.  He’s watching the Baltimore/NE game for a bit until we walk over in about 20 minutes.
2:00 p.m. – HIPOP – Our nurse was Chris – very nice guy.  Took Don’s weight, temp and blood work.  He is maintaining his weight so I’m thrilled about that.    He’s eaten pretty good so far today – lots of little meals – and drank a lot.  Have to always keep his fluid intake up!!
2:45 Chris came in and asked a lot of questions – how he was feeling? Any pain?  Bowels?  Shortness of break – the normal ones they ask every day but we’re glad they do.  Blood work took a long time today but we watched the Patriots win so the time didn’t seem long at all!!  Left there at 4ish.  Walked back and Don had some pears and yogurt – will eat around 6 or 6:30.  I think I’ve recovered from the grocery store trip today *LOL*.  We did get his blood work results and as expected they are continuing to drop but not enough that he needed red blood.  We’ll see tomorrow.
Watching Dallas and the Vikings – come on Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Yippeeeeeeeeeee – VIKINGS won!
Had dinner and now waiting for the Skins to come on – we took a really good walk before dinner – around the block!!
Okay going to post this – Don is relaxing and I’ll be ironing in a bit.
Keep those prayers coming everyone – we appreciate them all!
Until tomorrow…………
Love you all!
Don & Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment