Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/5 - IPOP visit and move into Apartment - yippee!!

First let me say I've had the worse time logging into the blog.  I can't even do it anymore from my personal computer so Don was able to get in so I guess I'll be using his for now on.  But then again, who's to say it will work tomorrow on his.  If not, I can send my information to Kristi to post for me.

On to our day - had a 7:30 am appointment at JH - our Nurse today was Greg.  Took his vitals - temperature, weight - Nurse practitioner was there so talked to Don asking how he was feeling and just the general how are you feeling?  any aches?  any pain?  Today Don has seemed to feel pretty good - and that was considering we had almost a 12 hour day for the stem cell collection.  His white count was high but that was due to the Neupogen shots given up until 2 days and I'm happy to say no more shots!!  Not sure who's happier me or Don!!   They did give Don potassium tablets to take as the blood work showed it was low.  Not sure what time we left - forgot to write it down - but headed back to Hackerman.  Oh oh oh - no we didn't!  We stopped and talked w/the housing coordinator and asked about the Apartment.  She said one was available and when we went back we could pack up and move in - we were thrilled!!   The Suite was fine but the apartment is larger with the kitchen and laundry facility in the same room.  Ohhhh and before I forget - DOUBLE BED!!!!!!!!!  Awesome!!!  Don and have been sleeping in separate beds for 3 nights and after being married for 35 years and being in the same bed that DEFINITELY DID NOT WORK - haha!!

Okay - got back - got all of our stuff together and moved upstairs.  Wasn't too bad as we really didn't unpack everything hoping for a quick move so it went rather quickly.

We went to the grocery store - I fixed spaghetti - wasn't great as I forgot my spices but it was good enough!  They have an oven and microwave w/convection oven.  Decided to use convection part of microwave - umm no - that didn't cook the garlic bread.  So Don put it on broil in the oven and yep you got it - IT BURNT - so we had bread and butter *LOL*.  I'm just so glad the smoke alarm in the apt didn't go off - how embarrassing that would have been.

We don't have a visit tomorrow to JH - we go back Wednesday - his heavy dose of chemo is scheduled for Sunday and Monday - so we honestly don't know what to expect next week but whatever comes we will deal with it.  Just keep Don in your prayers that it's not unbearably hard on him.

Okay everyone  - until tomorrow...........

Love you all!

Don & Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment